Mme Isabelle BroutinResearch Director – Deputy Director of CiTCoM Laboratory – Group leader CNRSCiTCoM
After a formation of physicists performed at Orsay University, France, I turned to structural biology and worked at the 3D structure determination of different proteins, like a cattle parasite serine collagenase during my PhD (1989-1993: ICSN, Gif-sur-Yvette, France), the cellular retinoic acid binding protein (CRBP) during a postdoctoral position in Sweden (1993-1994: Pr A. Jones’ Laboratory in Uppsala), isolated domains of proteins involved in cellular signal transduction (Grb2, Grb14, VEGF, VEGFR, PRL, PRLR) at the beginning of my carrier at the National Center of Scientific Research (CNRS), France.
I took the direction of the group “signaling and membrane transport” at the university Paris Descartes in 2009, and since the creation of the University of Paris I am the deputy director of the unit CiTCoM grouping structural biologists with chemists with the common goal to develop therapeutic drugs targeting human diseases considered as major health problem.
I now focus my research on membrane proteins and on all the protein actors of bacterial antibiotic resistance like the tripartite efflux pumps from Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
I am member of several scientific associations: AFC (Association Francaise de Cristallographie), SFBBM (Societe Francaise de Biochimie et biologie Moleculaires), SFB (Societe Francaise de Biophysique), GEM (Groupe d’étude des Membranes).
- Structural biology of membrane proteins
- Bacterial antibiotic resistance
- RND transporters, efflux pumps
- transcription regulators
- Motion and structural transition in proteins
- Model of gain-of-fonction mutants
- Member of the scientific comity of the local scientific council (CSL) of the faculty of pharmacy, Paris
- Member of the direction comity of the doctoral school “Médicament, Toxicologie, Chimie, Imageries” (MTCI), University of Paris
- Member of the direction comity of the doctoral school “Complexité du vivant” Sorbonne university, Paris
- Member of the scientific peer review comity for SOLEIL synchrotron
- Member of the comity of the “Agents Anti-Infectieux” section from the “Société Française de Microbiologie” French society
- Member of the scientific comity of the french association “groupe d’étude des membranes” GEM